- 8 tbsp butter (cold and diced)
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp physilium husk
- 2 tbsp potato starch
- 4–5 tbsp ice water
- 2 tbsp tapioca starch
- 2.5 cups fresh breadcrumbs (gluten free or regular)
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup treacle
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Roll out your dough. If you find it is sticking to the rolling pin, use some brown rice flour to cover the dough and your rolling pin.
- Place the dough into your tart pan. If you have any hanging over the edge, roll your rolling pin along the top of the pan and it will force the excess dough to fall off.
- Using a fork, poke some holes into the base of the dough.
- Take your breadcrumbs, syrup, eggs, and lemon zest and juice and mix together in a bowl.
- Once mixed, add to your crust and place back in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
- Set your oven to °350F
- Place tart in the oven, put a pan underneath it, incase any syrup sneaks its way out.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven. You can serve when it comes right out of the oven, however, I found it better cold. Serve it with whipped cream.