Gluten Free Quiche Recipe
Growing up, there was this local chain of stores near my house called M&M’s. They still exist and carry everything from vegetables, to sausage rolls, and mini quiche.
Whenever we would want something that was quick and delicious we would grab things from M&M. The three items I remember most were the meatballs, sausage rolls (sausage rolled in a puff pastry), and the mini quiche. There are two types of quiche; one vegetarian quiche (cheese and spinach) and one with meat (I believe ham). Quiche is such a comforting food, and it is for that reason that it is one of my absolute favorites.
A few years back, my mother-in-law started making gluten free quiche for me. It was the first time in many years that I had been able to eat quiche, and to this day, I remain excited whenever I have it. I feel connected to the days of shopping at M&M’s, to Montreal, and just feel comfort.
What will you need for this gluten free quiche recipe?
- 4 large eggs
- 1 Cup milk (It is your choice what percentage you use. I use 2%.)
- 1 Cup gruyere cheese (I like to use a medium as it has a stronger taste than a mild gruyere. )
- 1 Package Knorr vegetable soup mix
- 1 pie crust (I use a gluten free pie crust but you can use a regular one)
How do you make it?
- Preheat oven to 400• F or 200 C
- In a bowl, crack all of your eggs and add milk. Whisk together so that it is combined but not all the way.
- Add the vegetable mix and whisk a bit more so it is combined.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust, and cover with the cheese. * A tip I like to do, place your pie crust on a baking sheet and bake it that way. It is less mess in case something should happen in the oven!
- Bake for 30 minutes. When you remove from the oven, check in the center of the quiche to make sure it is baked fully. If your toothpick comes out clean, let it sit for a few minutes, then serve. Enjoy!
Why should you make this gluten free quiche recipe?
The best part of this recipe? It takes at most 40 minutes. Sick or not, it is hard to beat that for the flavor and comfort it will bring you! It is such a simple recipe and so delicious. I hope you love it.