Gluten Free Carrot Cake Recipe: A Delicious Spiced Cake that will please everyone you serve it to. A 1:1 recipe, this cake is a winner.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 1 8 inch layer cake 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
For the cake:
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cup gluten free flour (or regular if you are not gluten free)
- 3/4 cup oil – I used canola
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1.5 tbsp ras el hanout
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
For the icing:
- 8 oz low fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter (8 tbsp)
- 3 cup icing sugar
- 1 tbsp butterscotch syrup
For your cake:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Take your powdered ingredients and mix together
- In a separate bowl whisk together your oil and sugars
- Once they are fully incorporated add the eggs one at a time. Whisk together.
- Add your liquid mixture to your dry mixture and fold together.
- Add your carrots once it is 3/4 incorporated.
- Grease an 8 inch tin and put the mixture in it.
- Flatten it so that your cake will bake level
- Bake for 30 minutes and then test for doneness. Insert a toothpick into the middle of the cake and if it comes out clean, it is done.
- Place on a cooling rack and allow it to fully cool.
For your icing:
- Make sure your butter is room temperature, and place in your mixer.
- Add your cream cheese and combine.
- Once it is combined, add your powdered sugar slowly so that it doesn’t blow up in your face out of the bowl.
- Add the butterscotch syrup
- make sure your icing has no lumps. If you need to, scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Putting it all together:
- Place your icing on your cake once it has fully cooled.
- If you want to decorate your cake with the shredded carrots, shred them. Roll them up and decorate your cake.
Keywords: carrot cake, gluten free, gluten free carrot cake recipe, carrot cake recipe