To make your cupcakes:
- In a bowl, mix together your flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda.
- In a pot on the stove, melt your butter, add the water, and cocoa powder. Bring to a boil.
- Once it has boiled, add it to your bowl with your dry ingredients. Whisk together until there are no lumps.
- Add your egg, buttermilk, and vanilla. Whisk again.
- Set your oven to 350°F and line your muffin tin your liners.
- I like to use an ice cream scooper for cupcakes, so, fill your liners 3/4 of the way up.
- Place in the oven between 18-20 minutes. When you remove them from the oven, you should be able to stick a toothpick in the middle and for it to come out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool in the tin for about 15 minutes. Once they have cooled a bit, transfer to a wire wrack.
- While they are cooling, you can go ahead and make your icing!
- Take your softened butter and cream cheese and beat with the paddle attachment in your mixer. Let it beat for a few minutes so it gets nice and fluffy.
- Add your powdered sugar and let it carry on for a few minutes as it forms into icing.
- It is going to seem a bit stiff, so, now you will add your milk or cream.
- Take a bit of the icing out of the bowl, as you will mix this with the four house colors.
- Once you have your reserved amount out of the bowl (you won’t need much) add your cocoa powder to the icing. If you feel it is too stiff, then, add 1 more tablespoon of cream.
Putting it all together
You can use both heath bits and actual heath bars. I liked to use bot.
- use a piping bag and pipe your icing onto your cupcakes
- decorate your cupcakes on the edge with the heath bits and the bar in the middle!
- Voila and enjoy!