Hagrid’s Rock Cakes
Hagrid’s Rock Cakes: Chocolate Rice Krispie treats with Peanut Butter. This fun take on rice krispie treats are sweet, chocolatey and full of peanut butter.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 20 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Dessert
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 6 cups rice krispies (check the kind of use- I get the Wegmans brand which are labelled as gluten free).
- 16 oz mini marshmallows
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I use milk chocolate, but, you can do semi-sweet, dark, or a mix!)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 5 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- Graham crackers (optional)
- Grey Food Coloring (optional- to make them look like rocks)
- Melt your butter in a pot on medium heat.
- Once your butter is fully melted add your marshmallows to the pot and allow them to melt. Stir them with the butter. They will be shiny and smooth when they are ready.
- Add the peanut butter and vanilla once the marshmallows are fully melted. If you want to make them look like rocks, now is the time to add your food coloring.
- Remove from the heat and add your rice krispies and the chocolate chips, along with the optional graham crackers.
- Stir it all up until they are fully melted together.
- Allow it to sit in the pot for a few mins and them remove small bits at a time and form them with your hands so they are the shape of rocks.
Keywords: Hagrid's Rock Cakes: Chocolate Rice Krispie treats with Peanut Butter