- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter (softened to room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free all purpose flour (or regular flour- 1:1 recipe)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract (* or peppermint essential oil if it has been approved by the FDA for consumption)
For your topping:
- Peppermint crunch baking chips (as much as you want)
- 1 bag white chocolate melts
- 1 tsp crisco (or a vegetable oil)
- In a stand mixer, you are going to want to cream your butter and sugar together.
- Once your mixture is nice and creamy (around 2-3 minute) add your egg and vanilla and mix together on high. If it looks like you need to scrape down the sides of the bowl, be sure to do it.
- Add your cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder. Beat together on a medium speed.
- Divide the mixture into 2.
- Roll out each portion on some cocoa powder / dust your rolling pin with cocoa powder.
- Use your cookie cutter and make your cookies. Place them on a cookie sheet and place in the fridge for one hour.
- Set oven to °350F and once it hits the right temp, bake your cookies for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on a baking sheet for 5-10 minutes.
- Melt your white chocolate melts (along with your crisco) in a bowl in the microwave in 30 second increments. Stir after each time in the microwave until smooth.
- Drizzle your chocolate over your cookies and then sprinkle the peppermint crunch over the chocolate on the cookies.