After much research as to how Remy was able to appease Anton Ego, I discovered his secret. This recipe for ratatouille is the freshest dish you can make, and it will make you as happy as Anton.
1. 2 red peppers
2. 1 yellow pepper
3. 3 or 4 roma tomatoes
4. 2 garlic cloves
5. 2 tbsp Olive oil
6. 1/4 cup vegetable stock
7. Water (if you think your sauce is too thick)
8. Thyme 2 sprigs
9. Fresh parsley
1. 4 or 5 tomatoes
2. 1 Japanese eggplant
3. 1 green zucchini
4. 1 yellow zucchini (or yellow squash)
To make the sauce:
1. Broil the peppers until there is a black layer and they look charred. 2. Remove them from the oven and wrap them in foil and allow them to steam. Meanwhile, blanch your roma tomatoes and peel their skin.
3. In a blender or food processor, place the roma tomatoes, garlic cloves, peel the peppers once they have cooled and also place them inside.
4. Add olive oil, thyme, parsley, and begin to blend. While machine is running, add the veggie stock.
Make the ratatouille:
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Take a backing pan or a cast iron pan (I used cast iron) and fill the bottom with the sauce. Slice all of your veggies very thin, using a mandolin will be your easiest solution.
3. Begin to lay them over the other and make the pattern you wish. Once you have filled the entirety of the pan, drizzle the veggies with olive oil, use a tiny bit of salt and pepper and fresh rosemary if you wish.
4. Cover it with parchment paper cut specifically to cover your veggies.
5. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove from oven, take a bit of your leftover sauce, mix it with some olive oil and plate your dish. Add some fresh parsley with it. Serve immediately. Enjoy!