- Separate your eggs and place your egg whites into the bowl of your mixer. Make sure that no yoke has gotten into the whites. If any fat is in the whites- it can make them not rise up.
- Turn your mixer onto medium until the eggwhites begin to become frothy and then turn to high. You will have them beating for approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Slowly add your corn flour, cream of tartar, and sugar. Rotate between the three.
- Once your eggs have beaten up and have a good shine to them, do the test. The test is to light your bowl upside down. If the meringue stays put, it means it is ready.
- Set your oven to 290°F
- On a baking mat or parchment paper, form your meringues. Use two spoons to shape them the way you wish. You may want to create a little divot on the top so that the whipped cream can go in later.
- Bake your meringues for 1 hour. After 1 hour, turn your oven off, open the oven door and leave them in the oven like this for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool.
To make the whipped cream
- Place heavy cream in a mixer, along with a tbsp of sugar and beat.
To put it all together top your meringues (once they have cooled) with whipped cream, berries and fruit of your choice, and syrup should you choose!