- 2 sticks Butter (Room temperature)
- 1/4 Cup White Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 1/2 Cup Gluten Free Flour Mix (Use one with xanthan gum )
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Almond Extract
- 2 TBSP Lemon Juice (For Glaze)
- 1 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar (For Glaze)
- 1/4 Tsp Cocoa Powder (For Speckles )
- 1/4 Tsp Vanilla Extract (For Speckles )
- Cream together your butter and sugars for about 3-5 minutes. It will become light and fluffy (you will be tempted to eat it, but don’t).
- Add your flour, lemon juice and almond extract. It should come together to form a dough. If it is still a bit too dry, you can add 1 tsp of water or milk at a time until it does.
- Take two pieces of parchment paper and place your dough between them. Roll out your dough until it is around 1/4 inch thick.
- Use your cookie cutters to make the shape you want and place your cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Place the cookies in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Set the oven to 350°F and bake your cookies for 12-14 minutes after they have properly chilled.
- Let the cookies sit on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes after the have finished cooking. Let them cool completely. In the meantime, make your glaze.
- Mix your lemon juice and powdered sugar. If you want separate them into two bowls and add food coloring.
- Dip the cookies into the glaze and let them sit for 30 minutes.
- Make your dots! Mix the cocoa powder and vanilla. Dip a paint brush into the mixture and flick it onto your cookies. Let it sit for a few minutes and serve up.