Puy Lentils with Eggplant, Tomatoes, and Yogurt
- Category: Main Course, Side Dish
- 4 Eggplants (Pricked with a fork)
- 1 Small Carton Cherry Tomatoes
- 3/4 Cup Puy Lentils (Also known as "Green Lentils")
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil (More to serve)
- 1 1/2 TBSP Lemon Juice
- 2 TBSP Oregano (You can use fresh oregano if you like. If you do, use 3 tbsp.`)
- Salt and Pepper (To taste)
- 6 TBSP Greek Yogurt(Optional)
- 1 Clove Garlic
- Preheat the oven to 475°F or 245 °C.
- Place the eggplants on a baking sheet, prick them with a fork, and roast for 1 hour. Turn them halfway through (at 30 minutes). Remove from oven and set aside until they are cool enough to handle.
- In the meantime, place cherry tomatoes on the same baking sheet. Put them in the oven for 12 – 15 minutes.
- Once the eggplants of cooled, remove the skins and chop into pieces. Place them in a colander so that the liquid can drain from them.
- Take a medium sauce pan and fill it with water. Once the water is boiled, add the lentils. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 20 minutes. Drain them and set them aside so that they may cool a bit.
- Add the lentils, eggplant, tomatoes, garlic, salt, pepper, and lemon juice into a bowl and mix. Scoop mixture onto a bowl. Top with a sprinkle of oregano, yogurt, and a bit of oil. Serve immediately.